Do you want to become an air hostess? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down qualifications that are required to become an air hostess in India.
Before heading to the meat of the matter, here are some useful guides for you –
- Air hostess courses in India
- Procedure to become an air hostess
- Pros and cons of becoming an air hostess
In order to become an air hostess, a candidate must meet and satisfy certain qualifications. These conditions and qualifications span topics such as – education, physical standards, medical standards, age limit, physical appearance and more.
In this post, I’ve discussed each aspect in detail. Come, let us start –
Air Hostess Qualifications
Let us start with educational qualifications. Here is everything you need to know –
|Minimum qualification required||Preferred academic qualifications||Specific training programs|
|12th pass from a recognized board||Any valid Bachelor’s Degree related to aviation, hospitality, hotel management, customer service etc||Diploma in Air Hostess Training, Advanced Diploma in Air Hostess Training, Diploma in Air Hostess Training and Hospitality, Diploma in Cabin Crew Training etc|
As you can see, the minimum educational qualification required is – completed 12th class from a recognized board. Technically, after completing 12th, you are eligible to apply for air hostess jobs and interviews.
But employers these days prefer graduates over 12th pass candidates. Though it is not true in all cases, Bachelor’s Degree holders get an edge over 12th pass candidates in some cases. Airlines prefer recruiting candidates who have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines such as – Aviation, hospitality, hotel management, customer service, travel and tourism etc.
There also exists programs tailor made for cabin crew training. Normally, these are Diploma courses. Examples include – Diploma in Air Hostess Training, Advanced Diploma in Air Hostess Training, Diploma in Air Hostess Training and Hospitality & Diploma in Cabin Crew Training.
Let us check out age limit now. Here’s everything you need to know about age limit –
Candidates who are between the age of 18-25 years are eligible to apply for this job. It has been noted that age limit may vary from one recruiter to another.
- Minimum height requirement is 157 cm (for females) and 170 cm (for males). This requirement may differ from one airline to another.
- Weight of the candidate should be in proportion to his/her weight.
- Spotless skin complexion will give candidates an edge.
- Candidate has to be physically fit.
- Eyesight requirements- minimum eyesight requirement is 6/9. Many airlines allow candidates to correct eyesight and make it 20/20!
- Candidate shouldn’t have had history of mental illness in the past.
- Candidate should not be suffering from serious Cardiovascular disease.
Air Hostess Interview Tips
Here are some quick tips to help impress the recruiters during an interview –
- Be confident: Have a smile on your face. Be confident. It can work wonders for you. Employers are keen to recruit candidates who are confident.
- Be honest: Be yourself. Don’t pretend to be someone/something that you’re not! Recruiters can easily idenify if you are faking it or not. Be natural, be your confident self – this is the best policy.
- Work on your communication skills: This profession requires you to have good communication skills. Displaying this skill during the interview will leave a positive impression on the interviewers.
- Dress smartly: You don’t need to have fair skin. But make sure that you dress to impress! This profession requires you to dress well. So dressing smartly in the interview will leave a positive impression on the interviewer.