Have you completed Graduation program? Are you interested in pursuing a good PG course related to agriculture? If yes, this article will be of help to you! Here, I’ve listed down some of the best postgraduate agriculture courses in India.
“How’s this article of help to me?”, you may ask. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about agriculture courses after graduation – names of courses, duration, eligibility criteria and career prospects.
Agriculture courses trains students in agricultural science and its allied areas. The training is all about applying concepts of science, technology, chemistry and biology to boost agricultural productivity.
In this article, we will focus on PG (Postgraduate) courses only. In India, agriculture PG courses are available in the following formats –
- Master’s Degree courses
- PG Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
- PhD programs
Master’s Degree, PG Diploma and PG Certificate programs are PG (Postgraduate) level courses. Candidates who have completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course are eligible to pursue these courses.
PhD is a research based Doctoral program. Candidates who have completed relevant PG course are eligible to pursue this program.
In this article, we will focus on Master’s Degree, PG Diploma and PG Certificate programs. Here they are –
Agriculture courses after graduation
1 Master’s Degree courses
- M.E. or M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering
- M.E. or M.Tech. in Agricultural Information Technology
- M.E. or M.Tech. in Dairy Technology
- M.E. or M.Tech. in Agriculture and Dairy Technology
- M.E. or M.Tech. in Agricultural and Food Engineering
- M.Sc. in Agriculture
- M.Sc. in Dairy Science
- M.Sc. in Plant Science
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Agriculture and Food Science
- M.Sc. in Horticulture
- M.Sc. in Fisheries Science
- M.Sc. in Plant Pathology
- M.Sc. Forestry
- MBA in Agriculture Management
M.E. or M.Tech. programs are 2 years long. They are Master’s level Engineering programs. Students who have completed relevant B.E. or B.Tech. programs are eligible to pursue M.E. or M.Tech. programs.
M.Sc. stands for Master of Science. M.Sc. program is 2 years long. This course can be pursued after completing relevant B.Sc. program.
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a PG level management education program. You may pursue an MBA after completing Bachelor’s Degree course.
2 PG Diploma courses
- PG Diploma in Agriculture
- PG Diploma in Dairy Technology
- PG Diploma in Horticulture
- PG Diploma in Floriculture
- PG Diploma in Food Processing
- Advanced Diploma in Plant Biology
- Advanced Diploma in Plant Pathology
- Advanced Diploma in Fisheries Science
- Advanced Diploma in Fertilizer Technology
3 PG Certificate courses
- PG Certificate in Horticulture
- PG Certificate in Bee Keeping
- PG Certificate in Floriculture
- PG Certificate in Aquaculture
- PG Certificate in Fish Farming
- PG Certificate in Fruit Production
- PG Certificate in Farm Management
- PG Certificate in Fertilizer Technology
PG Certificate programs can be pursued after completing relevant Bachelor’s Degree course. Course duration could be anywhere between 1-2 years. You may also check – details about upcoming ICAR AIEEA exam.