The Secret to Six Pack Abs

 

 

Six pack is what many gym goers and fitness enthusiasts seek and crave for. There are many websites that share the ‘shortcut’ to one. Let me tell you first that there is no shortcut at all. Hard-work, dedication and discipline will help you reach your goal of attaining six packs.

First of all let’s know what prevents us from sporting a 6 pack. The abdominal muscle, commonly called the abs forms the core muscle of our body. These muscles are covered by a layer of fat. This fat is the reason why we don’t have well defined abs. So our primary action should be to melt the fat away. Sounds easy? Hold on… The fat stored around the stomach area is somewhat stubborn and difficult to remove. Don’t be disheartened. You will get to learn how to remove it, but only with some serious determination and discipline. Follow the below steps and get well defined abs.

72308_219783711489558_1859206033_n

 

Diet: A healthy diet alone decides whether you are on the right way or not. If you are serious about getting abs, then let me tell you that diet alone constitutes 70% of the factor leading to it. The rest 30% goes to exercise. Cut out all sort of refined sugar; avoid Soda, pastry and similar stuff. Also cut down the fried fast food and junk food. Avoid pizzas, burgers fried food. Eat them once in 3 weeks.  In order to melt away the fat, eat fewer calories than your daily requirement. Increase the intake of proteins. Eat egg, chicken, fish, nuts, dairy products etc. Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day rather than 3 big meals a day. Reduce calorie intake during night. Remember to drink lots of water.

120120136042 120120136047

Cardio exercise/ HIIT training: I’ve seen folks doing shitloads of crunches at the gym to get defined abs. Let me tell you this is sheer waste of time. The abs won’t be visible unless you melt the layer of fat covering it. This is when cardio workouts come handy. You can select from running, cycling, skipping rope, swimming etc. Better yet why not try HIIT training? I would suggest that you consult your Doctor before starting this program. It involves short bursts of intense activity followed by periods of low intensity activities or complete rest. For example: sprint at full speed for 30 sec, then rest for 1 min. Again sprint for 30 sec followed by 1 min rest. Repeat this cycle 10 times. Yes, that’s it! You’re good to go! This is where HIIT beats Cardio work-outs, HIIT takes a fraction of time compared to boring cardio. Believe me you will see changes within 3 weeks of starting it. HIIT takes just 10-20 mins to perform. HIIT should be performed only 3-4 times a week. Excess  HIIT results in damage.

no pain no gain!

no pain no gain!

 

Weight Training: Yes, weight training is highly recommended. Weight training results in muscle growth. Muscles are living tissues. They need energy to survive. They use the fats stored in our body for their uses. That’s called metabolism. The more muscles you have, the better your metabolism rate. So basically you’d be like a fat burning machine! Kickass, isn’t it? So I highly recommend weight training at-least 3 times a week. If you are not a gym goer then you may purchase a set of dumbbells. Not so expensive but very useful. Otherwise you can do body weight exercises like squats, push-ups, pull-ups etc. Remember to eat adequate amount of protein to ensure muscle growth. If you are a vegetarian or are not into eating egg/meat/fish, consider having protein supplements to ensure muscle growth.

Keep Calm!

Keep Calm!

Patience: Rome was not built in a day! Patience is a much needed virtue. You can’t expect your body to melt of all that fat in a month or less. That would be asking too much. Consider someone asking you to mug-up a fucking book in an hour. Too much to do and too little time right? Your body needs some time to adapt to all the changes. In a month’s time you will start seeing some changes if you follow all the above steps. Slowly ,after about 6 weeks the changes will be much more. Surely after 3 months I can guarantee that you’ll get somewhat defined mid section. Hold on for a month more and there you are! The transformation changes from person to person. Some may get shredded fast while others may take time. Patience is the key!

 

Hope you guys will benefit from the article. This was my first post. Kindly give your valuable feedback.

#use the comment section for feedback. No E-mail required.

 

Share this awesome article!
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedin