In this article, you will be reading more about LPU’s NEST entrance exam for the year 2016. Lovely Professional University is a popular educational institute in India. Engineering aspirants who want to secure admission in LPU’s undergraduate level engineering programs must have to go through this screening test. You will find details about the NEST test, important dates regarding the test, eligibility criteria and other general facts and details in this article.
LPU NEST 2016: Basic details
NEST is basically a screening test. Talking about the number of candidates appearing for the test, NEST is the largest private entrance test to be conducted in India. This fact goes on to showcase the popularity of LPU!
Talking about the exam format, I must point out that it is a CBT (Computer Based Test). The test is held across all major Indian cities by LPU.
Basically NEST test serves the purpose of screening test for undergraduate engineering programs in LPU. But another added advantage is that this exam is also conducted to provide scholarships to deserving candidates! Candidates who perform well in this exam are provided scholarships to the tune of 7.5 Lakh Rupees per year by the University!
Let us take a look at the important dates and timeline now-
LPU NEST 2016: Timeline and important dates
- Online application starting date- December, 2015
- Last date of receipt of online application- April last week
- Admit card download date- one week before the exam date
- Exam dates- Phase 1 in April, Phase 2 in June Phase 3 in July
- Result announcement & counseling- July/August
For admission in regular B.Tech. programs, a candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English subjects) and a valid score in LPU NEST 2016.
For admission in B.Tech. Biotechnology and B.Tech. Food Processing Engineering, a candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/Biology/Biotech) and a valid score in LPU NEST 2016.
For admission in B.Tech. (with Hons), B.Tech. + M.Tech. Integrated program or B.Tech. + MBA Integrated program, a candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English subjects) and a valid score in PLU NEST 2016.
- Interested candidates may apply for LPU NEST exam online or offline. Online registration process is simple. First of all, a candidate has to visit LPU’s official website and register themselves using email id, name and mobile number.
- An application number will be sent to the entered email id. Candidate will have to login on the site using that application number and fill up the form with the details that have been asked in the form.
- Special care must be taken while providing details. Enter correct details. Verify details after entering them. Selection of exam centre is to be made then. Only once will a candidate be allowed to select the exam centre. Hence this task must be done with care.
- The final stage of application process is the payment stage. Online payment can be made through credit card/debit card/net banking. The application fees is 300 Rupees.
- Note: Application fees can also be paid through a DD. For this, candidate will have to take printout of the application form, put signature at the required spaces, attach a recent passport size photograph and submit the form (along with the DD) to the below mentioned address-
Division of Admissions (LPU NEST 2015)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1)
Phagwara, Punjab (India)- 14411
After applying, candidates are supposed to keep an eye on LPU’s official website for the admit card. Admit card for NEST test will be made available on the official website of LPU. It will be made available for download a few weeks before the date of the test. Candidates are advised to download the admit card and bring its printout to the exam centre.
Exam pattern and syllabus
LPU NEST is an MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) style test. Since it is a computer based test, no paper or pen will be involved. The exam will cover subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Questions asked will be from 11th and 12th standard study material.
Announcement of result
Announcement of result will take place a few weeks after the test has been held. It will be followed by counseling process.