IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU offers certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree and postgraduate level courses to students from across India. IGNOU is very popular for its distance education programs. In this article, you will be reading about diploma courses offered by IGNOU. 10+2 passed students are eligible to pursue these courses.
As I mentioned before, IGNOU is well known for its distance education programs. Apart from that, the open university also offers regular mode courses and online courses.
Courses offered by IGNOU can be categorized into three main types -technical, non-technical and soft skills related. Students have wide variety of courses to choose from, such is volume of academic programmes offered by this university!
Eligibility criteria varies from one course to another. Students hailing from various academic backgrounds – 8th pass, 10th pass, 12th pass, graduates, nursing professionals, postgraduates – may find suitable courses in IGNOU’s list of programmes.
In this article, we will focus on diploma courses. Eligibility criteria covered in this article is 12th passed (or its equivalent). It means that the diploma courses mentioned in this article can be pursued by students who have successfully completed 12th standard or its equivalent from a recognized board.
Here’s the list of IGNOU diploma courses for 12th passed students –
IGNOU Diploma Courses for 12th passed students
- Diploma in Aquaculture (for Science stream students only)
- Diploma in Panchayat Level Administration and Development
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Diploma in Women’s Empowerment and Development
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in Fish Products Technology
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables
- Diploma in HIV and Family Education
- Diploma in Meat Technology
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Dipoma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds
- Diploma in BPO Finance and Accounting
- Diploma in Watershed Management
Note: All diploma courses available in IGNOU’s list have not been mentioned above. Only the best courses, whose eligibility criteria is 10+2 passed, have been listed above.
The diploma courses mentioned above are job oriented in nature. They have been designed to develop sector-specific skills in students. By acquiring such skills, students can become part of skilled work force and get employed by relevant employers. Students can also become self-employed.