Do you want to become a Commercial Pilot? If yes, this article will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed some of the best flying schools in India. The best thing about these flying schools is that they charge relatively lower fees. The reason for relatively low fees is subsidy provided by these schools.
To become a commercial pilot, one must obtain CPL (Commercial Pilot License). To obtain CPL, one must obtain flying training from an institute recognized by the DGCA.
The training institute where flying training is provided is called a flying school. In India, there are many Government operated as well as privately run flying schools and clubs.
To obtain CPL, a candidate must complete 200 flying hours at a flying school. In short, flying schools are very important, when it comes to obtaining a CPL!
Typical flying school charges could be anywhere between 25-40 Lakh Rupees (or more). Yes, it is a costly process!
How to select the right flying school?
As I mentioned before, flying schools are expensive. It is a huge investment for many of us. That’s why you must give adequate attention towards the quality of the school (you’re about to take admission in).
While taking admission, make sure that the flying school satisfies the points mentioned below –
- The flying school should be recognized by the DGCA.
- It should have adequate infrastructure.
- The faculty should be well trained, experienced and knowledgeable.
- There should be adequate lab and practical facilities
- There should be modern training amenities like computer aided training, simulators etc.
- The quality of the flying training (and amenities) should be good.
Let us check out the list of best flying schools in India –
Best flying schools in India
- IGRUA (Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi), Fursatganj
- Gujarat Flying Club, Vadodara
- Delhi Flying Club, Delhi
- Madras Flying Club (Chennai)
- Patiala Aviation Club, Patiala
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Karnal
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Hissar
- Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Pinjore
- Andhra Pradesh Flying School, Hyderabad
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club, Indore
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club, Bhopal
- Ludhiana Aviation Club, Ludhiana
- Bihar Flying Training Institute, Patna
- Government Flying Training School, Bangalore
- Bombay Flying Club, Mumbai
- Kerala Aviation Training Institute, Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Jaipur
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneshwar
- Government Flying Training Centre, Lucknow
- Northern India Flying Club, Jalandhar
- Amritsar Aviation Club, Amritsar
- Jamshedpur Co-Operative Flying Club, Jamshedpur
- Pinjore Aviation Club, Pinjore
- Ajanta Flying Club, Aurangabad
- Orient Flight School, Pondicherry
- Tata Nagar Aviation, Jamshedpur
- Ahmedabad Aviation Academy, Ahmedabad
- Garg Aviation Ltd., Kanpur
- Flytech Aviation Ltd., Hyderabad
- Rajputana Aviation Academy, Kota
- Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd., Belgaum
- Tetra Aviation Academy, Salem
- Wind Aviation Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Teneja Aerospace and Aviation Ltd., Bangalore
The above mentioned list consists of Government run as well as private flying schools. The best thing about these schools is that they are subsidized. The Government provides them financial assistance.
Thanks to Government funding, these flying schools charge fees at the rates prescribed by the Government. This is relatively lower than some of the private flying schools in India.